November 2, 2008

"Nasty" - Janet Jackson // Objectives

Ms. Jackson at her finest. Not only is the song an anthem for all the ladies who know what they want. . . the video is true poetry in motion.


---




I'm not a prude,
I just want some respect
So close the door if you want me to respond
Cause privacy is my middle name
My last name is control
No, my first name ain't baby,
It's Janet... Ms. Jackson if you're nasty


----


When writing a resume one must be specific in naming an objective. It is the first section in your resume (after your contact information) and gives employers an idea of whether or not the position you are applying for is right for you. An effective objective is clear and direct. This is what you expect to gain if hired. I have learned that putting

"To obtain full-time employment in the Criminal Justice field."


is not as effective as:

"To obtain a full-time case management position in a non-profit organization that provides services for low-income citizens."


Yes the first example may get you a job, but the second objective will get you a career. Trust, I have written and rewritten my resume many times. Objectives will change as your experience in the work field grows. With each new job you learn what you are capable of doing and what you refuse to do. Honestly, writing new resumes was always a positive way for me to build self-esteem and the perfect chance to manifest new responsibilites in my life.

In order to successfully manifest your dreams (if that is what you are inclined to do) you must be clear and specific in knowing what you want. So check your vocabulary because sometimes the Universe gets confused.

That being said, I have changed my vocabulary.

"A paycheck" becomes "a living."

"A job" becomes "a career."

"A perfect body" becomes "A healthy body."

"Friends" become "companions."

"A boy" becomes "a man."


Objectives 1 & 2 realized. Objectives 3, 4 & 5 in progress.

No comments: